Monday, May 16, 2016

Last Weekly Update for 2016-2017

Breslin’s Weekly Update
May 16-May 27, 2016

Learning Targets/Topics
Word Study/Spelling:
~ There will be no more word study cards this year.  

Reading:

~ I can discuss literal and nonliteral (figurative) language authors use.
~ I can discuss the theme of a text and compare themes of
  different stories.

Writing:

~ I can write about an author of my choice.
~ I can write an informational text.
~ I can conduct simple research to use in my informational writing.
~ I can write an engaging introduction to my informational writing that introduces the topic and hooks the reader.

Math:    

~ I can solve one and two step word problems.
~ I can multiply and divide fluently.
~ I can practice all the skills I’ve learned this year.

Science/S.S.

~ I can discuss the lifecycle of chicks and butterflies.
~ I can tell how local communities are governed.
~ I can discuss how our local community has changed over time and    
   some of our local history.
~ I can tell about economics, goods and services, and other business
  related topics.

Important Dates:

5/19-5/20: Field Trip to the Champaign County
        Historical Society. Our class will go on    
      5/19!One Room School House Day for 3rd Grade:  
             Dress like students in the 1800s and pack a lunch like    
             the 1800s
5/24: Intermediate Field Day-  Bring water bottles/sun  
            block
5/25: Primary Field Day
5/27: Last Day for Students- 2 hour early release
5/27: Hot Dog Day: See papers that came home
         today!

Lunch Menu
Donations Needed
~We are in need of 25-30 squares of sandpaper with a medium-rough grit.  
~ 1 gallon of milk
~ 2 Quarts of Heavy Cream (Heavy Whipping Cream)
Let me know if you are willing to donate any of these with a note and I will confirm. Thanks.
~ Each student is donating to our hot dog day.  Please turn in papers by this Friday and bring donations in next week (cold foods on Friday only, please).
Questions? Contact Me:
Mrs. Breslin: breslink@grahamlocalschools.org
937-663-4449 ext 4319

Check out our blog at mrsbreslin.blogspot.com
Preview of your QR Code

Related Arts Rotation
Week of:        Mon          Tues       Wed        Thurs         Fri    
5/16-5/20
Comp- C
lib-D
PE-E
music-A
PE-B
5/23-5/27
?
?
?
?
?
School Lunches:  Students are not permitted to charge lunches the rest of the year.  If your child does not have money, the cafeteria will not allow them to charge.  Your child will be given a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and milk instead of the full hot lunch, so PLEASE make sure your child has money.  


THURSDAY: PACK A LUNCH
and Dress like the 1800s

Lunch food suggestions from the 1800’s include:
Bread, biscuit, cornbread, roll, butter-jam-jelly,
Bacon, ham, sausage, hard-boiled eggs,
Cheese, pickle,
Apple, cookie
Water-  please do not pack soda or juice.  If students forget or do not have bottled water, a cup of water will be provided for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment