Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekly Update 8-25

Weekly Update
August 25 - 29th, 2014

Learning Targets/Topics
Word Study/Spelling:
For now we will not have word study/spelling.  We are focusing on classroom routines and how to do our guided reading centers.  We expect to begin word study in mid September.
Reading:
~I can use our classroom library correctly.
~I can choose “Just Right” books.
~ I can discuss the reasons I choose books.
~ I can write and discuss my thoughts about books I am reading.
Writing:
~ I can use my writer’s notebook to write ideas for writing. (planting seeds to write about later)
~ I can choose poems that “speak to me” and write a response to that poem.
Math:  
~ I can read and write three digit numbers.
~ I can locate  and write numbers on a number line.
~ I can complete the pattern on a number line.
~ I can find the number halfway between two numbers.
~ I can round numbers.
Important Dates:
8/25: PTO Meeting in library. All are welcome to attend.
9/1: No School
10/3: No School
Lunch Menu
Preview of your QR Code
Reminders
~Please sign your child’s planner each night.
~Please send in a family photo for us to put up in the classroom if you have not already done so.
~ Please send lunch money in an envelope or baggie with your child’s first and last name, the amount you are sending, and their lunch account number.
~ This year the related arts schedule is on an A-E rotation.  See the front of your child’s take home folder or bottom left box of this update to find out which class they have on each lettered day.  
~3rd grade fees are $35.00
Questions? Contact Me:
Mrs. Breslin: breslink@grahamlocalschools.org
937-663-4449 ext 4319
*You can always send in a note or write to me in your child’s planner*
Our classroom blog will be updated soon.  Check it out at mrsbreslin.blogspot.com
Preview of your QR Code

Related Arts Rotation
Week of:        Mon       Tues     Wed      Thurs    Fri    
25-29th
PE
Comp
Mus.
PE
Lib
1st- 5th
none
PE
Comp
Mus
PE
Reading Logs
Our first weekly reading log will go home on Tuesday.  I will be collecting this each Tuesday, giving students the weekend if they choose/need it and giving them Monday to remember to return it.  Late or incomplete reading logs will result in a strike (after one free homework pass has been given).  Please have students complete the chart themselves.  We have been talking a lot about taking responsibility for their things, plus it will be good practice for them to fill out a chart.  The more practice they have in reading, the better readers they will be!

Thanks A Bunch!
Thank you for a fantastic first week. I greatly appreciate you sending in all the necessary school supplies and paperwork. This is going to be an awesome year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment