Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekly Update 9-22/9-26

Weekly Update
September 22 - 26th, 2014

Learning Targets/Topics
Word Study/Spelling:
We will continue working on various word study assessments this week.
Reading:
~ I can write a response letter in my reader’s notebook each week to share my thinking.
~ I can proofread my writing so that others can easily understand what I have written.
~ I can write a book recommendation to tell about a book I know my classmates will enjoy.
~ I can describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
Writing:
~ I can use my writer’s notebook to write ideas for writing (planting seeds to write about later).
~ I can write about my name.
~ I can choose poems that “speak to me” and write a response to that poem.
Math:  
~ I can identify the commutative, identity, and associative properties of addition.
~ I know when to to use subtraction and write a number sentence.
~ I can solve problems by adding with mental math.
Important Dates:
9/22: Entertainment Book Fundraiser Due
9/23: Weekly Reading Log Due
10/3: No School
10/7: Fall Reading OAA
10/24: End of 1st 9 weeks grading period
10/27: Beginning of 2nd 9 weeks grading period
September Lunch Menu
Reminders
~The entertainment book fundraiser is over. Please return any order forms or unsold books. Your cooperation in raising funds for our school is greatly appreciated!
~Please sign your child’s planner each night.

Let me know if you are interested in volunteering in the classroom.  Help is always needed! :)
Questions? Contact Me:
Mrs. Breslin: breslink@grahamlocalschools.org
*You can always send in a note or write to me in your child’s planner*
Check out our classroom blog at mrsbreslin.blogspot.com
Preview of your QR Code
Specials Rotation
Week of:          Mon       Tues     Wed     Thurs    Fri    
22th-26th
Library
PE
Comp
Music
PE
29th-3rd
Library
PE
Comp
Music
No School
Fall Reading OAA
On October 7th, your child will take the Ohio Achievement Assessment in reading. They will not take a math OAA this fall. The Ohio governor and the Department of Education have made this a very important test, by making the 3rd Grade Reading Guarantee a state law. This law states that a child must score at least a 394 on either the fall OR spring reading OAA in order to advance to 4th grade without restrictions. Children that do not earn this score will receive additional reading instruction next school year, as well as other things.
Please make sure your child comes to school on time and has had a healthy breakfast. Coming to school ready to learn is a tremendous help! If you would like to see what this test will look like, go to this website:

We will be sending home additional information about this test soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment