Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekly Update 9/29

             Weekly Update
September 29 - October 3rd, 2014
Learning Targets/Topics
Word Study/Spelling:
We will start setting up our word study groups this week. Spelling tests will start next week.
Reading:
~ I can answer different types of questions about a story, going back to the story to find my answers.
~ I can write a response letter in my reader’s notebook each week to share my thinking.
~ I can proofread my writing so that others can easily understand what I have written.
~ I can tell the main character of a story.
~ I can tell a character's trait with support from the story.
~ I can tell a character's feelings with support from the story.
Writing:
~ I can use my writer’s notebook to write ideas for writing (planting seeds to write about later).
~ I can write a rough draft.
~ I can choose poems that “speak to me” and write a response to that poem.
Math:  
~ I can solve problems by adding with mental math.
~ I can solve problems by subtracting with mental math.
~ I can estimate sums and differences.  
Important Dates:
9/29: PTO meeting 7:00 at GES
9/30: Weekly Reading Log Due
10/3: No School: Teacher Inservice
10/6: Picture Day
10/7: Fall Reading OAA
10/15: Community Blood Drive from 3-8 at GES
10/17: No School: Teacher Inservice
10/24: End of 1st 9 weeks grading period
10/27: Beginning of 2nd 9 weeks grading period
September Lunch Menu
Reminders
~Please sign your child’s planner each night.

~Lunch money is to be sent with a note or label with your child’s name and lunch account number.
Questions? Contact Me:
Mrs. Breslin: breslink@grahamlocalschools.org
*You can always send in a note or write to me in your child’s planner*
Check out our classroom blog at mrsbreslin.blogspot.com
Preview of your QR Code
Specials Rotation
Week of:          Mon       Tues     Wed     Thurs    Fri    
29th-3rd
Library
PE
Comp
Music
No School
29th-3rd
PE
library
PE
Comp
music
Fall Reading OAA - Tuesday, Oct. 7th
We will be discussing this test with the students this week. It is important that they do not stress about the test, but understand that it is in their best interest to show what they know by doing their best work. Please reinforce this with your child at home.

Donations Needed:
The students are LOVING the hot cocoa reward.  If you would like to donate to our classroom, we could use more disposable coffee cups with lids and more hot cocoa.  Any donations are greatly appreciated.

Your time! :)  I’d love to get our classroom decorated for fall before it is already snowing.  I have lots of great decorations, I just need someone to help put them up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment