Thursday, September 1, 2016

Reading Record

3rd Grade Home Reading Record
September 2016

Student Directions: Place a checkmark beside the item(s) below as you complete them throughout the month. Ask a parent to initial it. At the end of the month, sign your name and ask one of your parents to sign as well. If you have 5 or more items checked off, you will receive a reward!

  • I read at home most nights this month. parent initial: ___
  • I went to a public library to check out books. parent initial: ___
  • I got my own library card. parent initial: ___
  • I read under the covers with a flashlight. parent initial: ___
  • I picked a cozy spot outside and read in it for a long time. parent initial: ___
  • I read and discussed the reading with someone else. parent initial: ___
  • I wrote a story at home based on something from one of the books I read. parent initial: ___
  • I researched information at home about a topic I’m interested in. parent initial: ___
  • I read the same book a few times to improve my fluency and expression: parent initial: ___
  • I read in bed right before I went to sleep 5 nights in a row. parent initial: ___
  • I read in the car on a busy night when I might not have been able to read otherwise:  p.i.:____
  • I asked a friend for a book title they recommended and then read that book. p.i.:____
  • I read a book with dialogue aloud and changed my voice to sound like the characters. p.i.:____
  • I read an informational book and learned something new. parent initial: ___
  • Make up your own:_________________________________________________  P.I.____

Write at least 1 goal below that you will have for the next month that will help you read more at home or continue to read at home.

Goal 1: _______________________________________________________________________

Goal 2: ______________________________________________________________________


Student Signature: _____________________Parent Signature: __________________


Please use the space below to let your teacher know how he or she can help you read at home. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment