Monday, September 12, 2016

Weekly Update
September 12-16, 2016

Learning Targets/Topics
Word Study/Spelling:
For now we will not have word study/spelling.  We are focusing on classroom routines and how to do our guided reading workshop.  We expect to begin word study next week by practicing the routines.  Students will then be put into groups and begin our normal word study rotation.
Reading:
~I can use our classroom library correctly.
~I can discuss the genre of books I am reading.
~ I can follow the guidelines during reader’s workshop.
~ I can write a response to my reading.
~ I can write a letter to someone about a book I’m reading.
Writing:
~ I can use my writer’s notebook to write ideas for writing. (planting seeds to write about later)
~ I can find and copy poems and write a response about
  them.
Math:   
~ I can represent 3 digit numbers in different ways.
~ I can complete the pattern on a number line.
~ I can find the number halfway between two numbers.
~ I can round numbers to the nearest 10
~ I can round numbers to the nearest 100
Important Dates:

9-13: Picture Day 3-5
9-16: Buddy Visit and Mrs. Breslin Out/ Training
9-19: Mumpkin Orders Due
9-20: Shirts due
9-22: Field Trip Permission Slips and Money Due
9-23: No School for Students
9-26: PTO meeting 7pm @GES
10-2: Mum pickup @ GES
10-7: Field Trip to Ohio Caverns
Lunch Menu
Buddy Classrooms
This year, each classroom on the intermediate side has been paired up with a classroom on the primary side to promote a sense of community and family in our school.  We will meet with our buddy class 1-2 times a month and share activities with them.  Our buddy class is Mrs. Oburn’s kindergarten class.  Check out pictures on our blog to see our first buddy visit.
Questions? Contact Me:
Mrs. Breslin: breslink@grahamlocalschools.org
937-663-4449 ext 4319
*You can always send in a note or write to me in your child’s planner*
Our classroom blog will be updated soon.  Check it out at mrsbreslin.blogspot.com
Preview of your QR Code

Related Arts Rotation
Week of:        Mon       Tues     Wed      Thurs    Fri    
Sep. 12-16
E-PE
A-Music
B-PE
C-Comp
D-Lib
Sep. 19-23
E-PE
A-Music
B-PE
C-Comp
D-Lib
Tie Dye
We will be tie-dying t-shirts on September 24th.  Your child needs to bring in a freshly laundered, white, 100% cotton t-shirt.  Any extra shirt donations are greatly appreciated.  Please send in the shirts by Tuesday, September 20th.  Thank you!

      PTO Mumpkins Fundraiser
Order forms and money are due Monday Sept. 19th. Please make all checks payable to GES PTO.

OHIO CAVERNS
Permission slips and information came home today! This trip will be on October 7th. Let us know if you have any questions about this trip.  We are all very excited to go.  Money and permission slips are due back to us on 9-22.

No comments:

Post a Comment